Hey Everyone!!! I just realized in an email yesterday that Valentines Day is creeping up on us. So begins the stores filled with flowers and jewelry. If you are a fit girl like me flowers don’t excite you when you could potentially receive a fit gifts. So here it is my Fit Girl Valentines Day Gift guide (AKA my valentines day wish list:)) Of course I am including links so that you can check out the products for yourselves.
ISO-100 Protein– This protein really is SO yummy and it is a one of the highest quality proteins out there. My favorite flavor is the Gourmet Chocolate
Chocolate is the perfect Valentines day gift. If I am getting chocolate it better be in the form of S’mores Quest Bars. These things are AMAZING!! I really couldn’t put into words how great these are. If you haven’t had one yet, drop everything right now and run to your local Vitamin Shoppe to get one. They are to die for!!
Cellucor C4 is the perfect thing to get a fit girl who is wanting to have more endurance in her workout. This will give her the boost she needs to rock any workout!!
What better way to show a girl you care than a Meal travel system like this Fitmark Meal Management System. This would be perfect for any fit girl to carry around all the food she will need for a busy day.
Girls LOVE shoes. But any fit girl would love some new gym shoes. Check out some of THESE that I am sure your fit girl would love!!!
Any girl would be stylin’ at the gym with this gym bag. I just love the Under Armour Undeniable Duffel bag. It is so cute and seems that it would be able to hold all of the stuff I need at the gym.
Fit girl or not, most all girls like jewelry. I am sure any fit girl would love this Necklace by Shields of Strength. The perfect gift for a girl who likes to life.
What is your ideal Valentines day gift for a fit girl? I would love to hear it!!
Hey Everyone!! Its that time again. We have made it to Workout Wednesday. As with every Wednesday I will be sharing one of my recent workouts with you. This week I will be focusing on arms. Keep in mind when you are trying to figure out the amount of weight you should be using, you should use as much as you can while still being able to complete the number or reps listed
Barbell bicep curls- 4 sets of 12
Front hammer curls- 4 sets of 12
Pulley Curls- 4 sets of 12
Superset Skull Crushers (4 sets of 10) with tricep front raises (4 sets of 10) I use a barbell for both of these
Tricep pull downs- 4 sets of 15
Dips 4 sets of 12
Hope you enjoy this workout as much as I did. I would love to hear your thoughts about it in the comments below!!
Lately I have been very really aggravated with people at the gym. For those of you who have been following my journey for a while, or for those of you who actually know me, you may know that I actually have 2 gym memberships. First of all I am a member of the most hard core (and only) weight lifting gym in my area. I love being there, I love the atmosphere, and I love the people. Unfortunately the hours don’t always fit my schedule. For this reason, I am also a member of a 10 dollar a month chain gym that I use to get in my early morning gym workouts. While this gym is ok for the purposes I need, it comes with one big disadvantage, some of the people.
Before you start judging, don’t get me wrong, I am so glad that anyone that you may find in a gym is making an effort to workout and improve their health. What I do not like is the fact that on a weekly basis some guy, at the chain gym, decides that he needs to come and give me workout advice. Recently I have received advise regarding my form, number of reps, time between reps, and what exercises I am doing. I mean really, what makes a guy think that just because a girl that I need/want their help. Don’t get me wrong, I am 100% open to advise, and I actually love receiving it when it comes from someone that I believe is credible. But if I look at you and think “Bro do you even lift?”, I am probably not going to consider your opinion when I am planning out my exercise plan.
This ain’t my first rodeo. Yes I am a girl, but I am also strong and capable. After 3+ years I am more than capable of working out in the gym on my own (or with my trainer :)). I am no gym damsel in distress, and I do not need you to rescue me!
Hey everyone, I wanted to take a minute to share with you a excerpt for a blog that I recently wrote for 1st Step Pro Wellness. It is about high intensity intreval training(HIIT).
When I first started working out I remember spending hour after hour doing cardio. I eventually made it to the point where I could go a whole hour on the elliptical and not even break a sweat. While I was proud of this accomplishment, I got bored and wasn’t really seeing the results I wanted to see. I began to research and realized that there are actually methods to doing cardio. Really? That seemed so silly to me. After all 60 minutes of cardio is 60 minutes of cardio, right? WRONG!!! All along I had been doing steady state cardio. From my research and cardio experimentation I realized that I can actually be more efficient with my cardio workouts by implementing High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT for short)
Whether you are wanting to break through a plateau or just push your self to the next level, HIIT can help you! Check out the rest of the article HERE to find out more info about HIIT and all of the benefits of doing it. I also share a recent HIIT that I did that really got me sweatin.
Starting this week I will be sharing one workout from my week with you. Hopefully it will give you some ideas that can be incorporated into your own workouts. Here was my workout from Monday. Weight should be as heavy as possible for you to successfully complete the reps listed.
Leg extensions- 4 sets of 12 reps
Squats – Warm up set of 12, 2 sets of 10, 1 set of 6, 1 set of 3. Increase weight as the rep numbers decrease. The weight needs to be as high as it can as long as you can successfully complete the number of reps listed.
Seated leg press- 4 sets of 15
Seated leg curl- 4 sets of 12
Stiff leg deadlifts 3 sets of 12
Disclaimer: I am not a certified fitness professional. All things that I share are what I have learned from my personal experiences on my fitness journey.
When ever you start working out, you start to hear about supplements. You are bombarded by so many costly supplements that you HAVE to have. If you stay with it long enough you will find that you will have your favorites. Well here are my favorites that I will be using at some point (not necessarily of the whole challenge) during the Bodybuilding.com Transformation Challenge. I have included link to all of them in case you would like more information.
- ISO-100 is one of my favorite proteins. It is so tasty and I actually look forward to drinking it. It is super low carb and the macros are spot on for what I am looking for in a protein powder.
- I use 1st Step Pro Wellness Protein Powder when I am baking. It, unlike most other protein powders, bakes up really well and doesn’t give your baked goods a weird after taste. I will be using this for my clean cheats bi-weekly.
- To keep my energy up all day I use 1st Step Pro Wellness B-12. It comes in a liquid form so that makes it really easy for your body to absorb it. It also taste yummy!
- I don’t always use fat burner supplements but when I do I always use RoxyLean. It is definitely the best I have found after trying MANY different brands
- If I need a pick me up throughout the day I use Prolab Caffeine or 1st Step Pro Wellness B-12 Shots. Both give me the added boost I need to make it through the day without keeping me awake.
- It is so important that everyone take a multivitamin daily to ensure that you are getting all of the vitamins and minerals that you need. Right now I am taking 1st Step Pro Wellness Liquid Multivitamins. It is very tasty and easily absorbable by the body.
Hope this gives you some idea of where to start. The important thing about supplementation is to research and figure out what will help you meet your goals and go with it!
As some of you may already know, I have officially registered for the 200K Transformation challenge on Bodybuilding.com. I have also registered for the Labrada Lean Body Challenge. I will admit, that I am so excited to get this transformation challenge underway. I just crave the drive that comes from having something to work toward. Needless to say this challenge has monopolized my thoughts over the last several days in order to come up with my action plan that will lead me to success on this challenge. By success I mean having results that I can be proud of, not winning. The plan is so important because I believe that is where many of us fall short when it comes to living the fit life, we have all of the drive and aspirations to get there but never come up with a plan of how to to get us there. So here is my plan:
- Drink at least a gallon of water a day– Anyone who knows me knows that this will be a struggle for me, but water is so important at flushing out the body. It is definitely a necessity!!
- Track at least 100,000 steps a week on my Fitbit– Roughly this will average out to about 14000 a day
- Strength train 4-5 days a week– I usually do 4 days a week (shoulders and triceps, back and biceps, legs, chest), but sometimes I break into 5 days a week (shoulders, arms, legs, chest, back)
- Do ab work every day I strength train– Alternate upper and lower abs each day.
- Incorporate 3 HIIT cardio sessions a week– These will take place in the night in addition to my morning workouts
- Follow my meal plan without planned cheats– I will be having planned clean cheats every 2 weeks.
- Eat every 2.5-3 hours– Sometimes I let life step in and I look at the clock and realize that I have went 4 hours without eating. I really need to be consistent on my meals to stay on track
- Track my exercise– I never track my exercise but I will start keeping track of reps, weights, etc so that I can see growth.
- Take weekly progress pictures– While I only need to have before and after pictures for the challenge, weekly pictures helps me see if I am on the right track and also keeps me motivated.
Be sure to check back as I will be sharing more info about my meal prep, specific workouts, and my shopping list.