As some of you may already know, I have officially registered for the 200K Transformation challenge on Bodybuilding.com. I have also registered for the Labrada Lean Body Challenge. I will admit, that I am so excited to get this transformation challenge underway. I just crave the drive that comes from having something to work toward. Needless to say this challenge has monopolized my thoughts over the last several days in order to come up with my action plan that will lead me to success on this challenge. By success I mean having results that I can be proud of, not winning. The plan is so important because I believe that is where many of us fall short when it comes to living the fit life, we have all of the drive and aspirations to get there but never come up with a plan of how to to get us there. So here is my plan:
- Drink at least a gallon of water a day– Anyone who knows me knows that this will be a struggle for me, but water is so important at flushing out the body. It is definitely a necessity!!
- Track at least 100,000 steps a week on my Fitbit– Roughly this will average out to about 14000 a day
- Strength train 4-5 days a week– I usually do 4 days a week (shoulders and triceps, back and biceps, legs, chest), but sometimes I break into 5 days a week (shoulders, arms, legs, chest, back)
- Do ab work every day I strength train– Alternate upper and lower abs each day.
- Incorporate 3 HIIT cardio sessions a week– These will take place in the night in addition to my morning workouts
- Follow my meal plan without planned cheats– I will be having planned clean cheats every 2 weeks.
- Eat every 2.5-3 hours– Sometimes I let life step in and I look at the clock and realize that I have went 4 hours without eating. I really need to be consistent on my meals to stay on track
- Track my exercise– I never track my exercise but I will start keeping track of reps, weights, etc so that I can see growth.
- Take weekly progress pictures– While I only need to have before and after pictures for the challenge, weekly pictures helps me see if I am on the right track and also keeps me motivated.
Be sure to check back as I will be sharing more info about my meal prep, specific workouts, and my shopping list.